Our Health Services Department includes a team of dedicated nurses and health assistants. We work closely with families of children with complex medical as well as behavioral needs and are skilled at helping students cope with unfamiliar or anxiety-inducing healthcare processes.
What we provide
- Nursing assessments and medical treatments
- Medication Management
- Dental, vision and hearing evaluations
Health Education for students, families and employees on a variety of topics including medications, diet, exercise and preventative health.
Child Psychiatry and Pediatric Services Consultant: Since 2001, the team has been directed by Evie Stacy, MSAPRN, a highly-respected, certified and licensed Pediatric Nurse Practitioner and Child/Adolescent Psychiatric Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist who serves as a consultant on Child Psychiatry and Pediatric Services. Her responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the medical and psychiatric needs of children in our residential programs.
- Managing the residential student health care and medication regimes in consultation with parents, clinicians, teachers and the nursing staff.
- Referrals and consultations with outside specialist as student need warrants.