Spaulding Youth Center School is approved by the State of New Hampshire Department of Education (NHDOE) as a Private Special Education School. Spaulding Youth Center School offers access to NHDOE-approved K-12 general education curriculum. In session year round, certified teachers and professionals provide instruction with modification and accommodation as outlined by each student’s individual education plans (IEPs). To support students’ IEPs, Spaulding Youth Center offers on-site related services, such as Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Speech and Language Therapy.
At Spaulding Youth Center, we utilize evidenced-based approaches. Our school offers comprehensive educational programming to improve student performance in academic, behavioral, adaptive, social and vocational skills. We believe that all students belong in their home community. We strive to prepare students for return to a less restrictive environment and therefore our classrooms reflect general education requirements and design.
Spaulding Youth Center serves a diverse student body in grades K-12 with a wide range of primary educational disabilities including: Autism, Emotional Handicap, Intellectual Disability, Other Health Impairment, Speech or Language Impairment, Specific Learning Disability, Traumatic Brain Injury, Developmental Delay, and Multiple Disabilities. Spaulding Youth Center is approved to serve students from New Hampshire, Maine, Connecticut, and Vermont and is able to work with other states as approved.
In addition to core academic subjects, Spaulding Youth Center’s Special Education School offers:
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) approach across settings.
- An outstanding Integrated Arts Program, including visiting artists, for all students.
- Physical Education, including adaptive physical education in consultation with our physical therapist.
- Library and Computer Skills classes for all students.
- Experiential Challenges Outdoors (EChO) Education program for all students.
- Comprehensive Social Skills instruction addressing students’ unique social needs.
- Career exploration, education, and training.
For additional information designed specifically for families, please visit our Family Information page. Within this area of our website, you can download the current school calendar, student & parent handbook, and other related materials.
Have a Question?
If you have further questions or would like to schedule a campus tour, please contact Pat Seaward-Salvati, Director of Admissions at email@example.com or 603-286-8901 x202.