PAYROLL ADMINISTRATORMay 07, 2020
Spaulding Youth Center is seeking a Payroll Administrator to join our small but mighty Finance team. This position will be responsible for overseeing all functions pertaining to the administration of payroll for over 250 employees.
Established in 1871, Spaulding Youth Center is a leading provider of educational, residential, therapeutic and foster care programs and services for children and youth with neurological, emotional, behavioral, learning or developmental challenges, including Autism Spectrum Disorder and those who have experienced significant trauma, abuse or neglect. Located in Northfield, NH, we are situated on a scenic hilltop, surrounded by nearly 500 acres of beautiful woods, fields and mountain vistas. The campus offers a safe, supportive and intensely therapeutic environment for students to discover a love of learning while gaining study, social, independent living, and vocational skills.
Successful candidates will have a BA or BS with 5 or more years of payroll administration experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. This role requires a proactive, customer service and team-focused, organized and creative individual to support our hard-working staff with all payroll related issues. If we don’t take care of our staff, they can’t take care of our students. It’s that simple.
Candidates must possess:
- Familiarity with payroll systems and at least three years’ experience in a payroll setting
- Desire and ability to administer and consistently maintain accurate payroll for Spaulding staff
- Excellent communication and public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to build and manage relationships with vendors
- Knowledge of and experience of project management to include rolling out changes to payroll policies and processes
- Experience with understanding and implementing compliance with state and federal statutes regulations and policies related to payroll
- Strong technology and analytical skills, and comfort with new systems, including implementation of new payroll systems
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaborative skills
- An understanding of and commitment to the customer service required when supporting staff with payroll concerns and issues
- Integrity and the ability to maintain highly confidential information
- High emotional intelligence in order to effectively manage difficult situations and conversations
- Understanding of the value and importance of the work Spaulding does, and a natural desire to support our students and staff
- Sense of humor, curiosity and compassion
- And, when needed, grit and tenacity
Staff wellness is supported by a very generous benefits package, competitive pay and a generous paid time off system. We offer a free coffee bar and free meals in our dining hall daily, an on-site fitness center open 24/7 and beautiful walking trails throughout our spectacular campus.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spaulding Youth Center is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Would You Like to Apply?
If you would like to apply for this position or another current opening, start by clicking here to download our employment application which can be completed as an editable PDF or printed and completed by hand. For optimal results when using this PDF application, we recommend clicking here to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Then, submit your completed application, a letter of interest, resume, and three references to Spaulding Youth Center, Human Resources, 72 Spaulding Road, Northfield, NH 03276-4608, or e-mail us at email@example.com.