FOOD SERVICES ASSOCIATEAugust 22, 2019
Our Food Services team is responsible for providing over 400 meals per day to our students, staff and guests. Together, the Food Services team creates healthy and nourishing food, often tailored to specific dietary needs of the students on campus. The Food Services Associate supports the safe and timely delivery of food to all those on campus and is specifically responsible for maintaining cleanliness, sanitation, and food safety standards. The Food Services Associate also ensures the dish washing area is clean, safe and sanitary. The Food Services Associate will have some food preparation responsibilities ~ specifically preparing our fresh salad bar. While Food Services Associate duties are specific to dish washing and keeping all serving and cooking tools and surfaces clean and organized, our team cross trains all positions. Based on this, the Food Services Associate may also act as a Front Line Server for our students and staff, be responsible for restocking supplies in the kitchen and walk-in cooler, and be involved in receiving, recording and stocking food deliveries.
The successful Food Services Associate candidate will:
- Have knowledge of basic sanitary guidelines and basic dish machine operations
- Be reliable ~ we need our team here to do this important work
- Be honest and respectful of our students and staff
- Have the ability and desire to function as a team player and to be part of a small, interdependent and close-knit team working to meet regular and recurring critical deadlines
- Show attention to detail, and have the ability to follow policies and procedures consistently and accurately
- Recognize that performing their job safely and effectively is vitally important and makes a tangible difference in the lives of our students and staff
- Have a high school diploma/GED
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have a sense of humor
Spaulding Youth Center is a leading provider of educational, residential, therapeutic and foster care programs and services for children and youth ranging in ages 5 to 21 with neurological, emotional, behavioral, learning and development challenges.
We support staff wellness by offering a very generous benefits package, delicious and healthy free meals in our dining hall, an on-site fitness center open 24/7 and beautiful walking trails throughout our spectacular campus. To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and three references to email@example.com. We invite you to visit our website at www.spauldingyouthcenter.org to learn more about how we support exceptional children and families toward a successful future.
Spaulding Youth Center is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time