DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT & COMMUNITY RELATIONSDecember 19, 2019
Reporting directly to and working closely with the CEO and President of Spaulding Youth Center and its Board, and serving as a key leader on the Spaulding Youth Center Executive Management Team, the Director of Development & Community Relations is the chief fund raising coordinator responsible for providing strategic leadership for planning, implementation and administration of fund raising activities for Spaulding.
Requirements for this role include a college degree and a proven track record with 5-10 years of progressive fund raising experience. Principle responsibilities include fund raising and community relations, donor data management and serving on the executive leadership team.
- Candidates must possess superb communication, organizational and management skills; ability to exercise discretion in regard to confidential donor information; ability to maintain confidentiality is essential.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills; proven track record of managing an integrated marketing and communications plan.
- Excellent writing, editing and oral communications skills; ability to effectively interface at all levels within the organization.
- Works well under deadline pressure; ability to establish strong relationships; works well in team setting; displays flexibility.
- Strong organizational, written and interpersonal communications, and computer skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines; attention to detail a must.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office and willingness to learn other computer programs. Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other fund raising programs required.
- High energy with a positive attitude and a good sense of humor.
- Knowledge of non-profit organizations helpful.
Established in 1871, Spaulding Youth Center is a leading provider of academic, residential, therapeutic and foster care programs and services for children and youth with neurological, emotional, behavioral, learning and developmental challenges. Located in Northfield, NH, on a scenic hilltop and surrounded by nearly 500 acres of beautiful woods, fields and mountain vistas, the campus offers a safe, supportive and intensely therapeutic environment for students to discover a love of learning while also gaining study, social, independent living, and vocational skills.
Staff wellness is supported by offering a very generous benefits package, delicious, healthy, free meals in our dining hall, an on-site fitness center open 24/7 and beautiful walking trails throughout our spectacular campus.
To apply for this Director role, please submit a resume, cover letter and three references to email@example.com. We invite you to visit our informative website at www.spauldingyouthcenter.org to learn more about us and how we support exceptional children and families toward a successful future.
Spaulding Youth Center is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.